We’re recruiting for our new Youth Advisory Board! Application extended until Thursday July 23rd.
Fumble, a digital platform that creates happy, healthy content on sex, relationships and bodies, is looking for volunteers to join our new youth advisory board!
Fumble is a charity run by young people, for young people. We offer non-judgemental advice and information in a way that is relevant and accessible for young people of all genders, sexualities and backgrounds. We respond to the reality of what young people face growing up today, with its unprecedented challenges – particularly posed by growing up alongside the internet and smartphones.
We’re looking for volunteers up to the age of 21 to be on our new youth advisory board. This will be a group of young people who help to shape exactly what Fumble is and what Fumble does. The board will also have regular opportunities to help us make our digital content (there will be loads of opportunities to help make videos and animations, create audio and podcasts, draw illustrations, write blog posts, run our social channels – basically any kind of digital content you can think of!).
What will the Youth Advisory Board do?
- Each month, we will send you a range of ways to get involved with shaping Fumble, including opportunities to help make new content, design services and deliver exciting campaigns for fellow young people.
- Every three months, we will hold a virtual meeting on Zoom, where you can get to know each other and our team, and share ideas and help shape what Fumble is and what we do.
- Every year, we will hold our Annual General Meeting, where you can meet everyone in person or attend via Zoom.
Who are we looking for?
- Young people up to the age of 21, especially aged 11-21 years old.
- You can be based anywhere in the UK.
- We want to hear from you if you care about the things we cover: sex, relationships, health, bodies, and related topics for young people of all identities and backgrounds.
- We’re especially keen to hear from young people of colour, young people who are part of the LGBTQ+ community, and young people living with disabilities.
- We’re looking for a mix of people, representing all genders and as many varied identities, life experiences and body types as possible.
- You don’t need prior experience in sex education, if you’re passionate about what we do, we want to hear from you!
To apply, please email Lucy 2-3 paragraphs explaining why you want to get involved and what you feel you could bring to the board. Email email@example.com
Deadline Thursday 23rd July 2020, midnight
We will also have more opportunities for volunteers over 21 to get involved in content creation further down the line too, so if you’re over 21 and interested in Fumble, please sign up to our email newsletter, where we publicise these opportunities as they come up: sign up here.